Friday, July 12, 2013

San Diego Trip Day 2! -Sea World

Hello all you super awesome people of the Internet! Another day here in San Diego. Today I went to the classic Sea World! Okay, so same format as last entry, I am going to tell what happen on my adventure today.

So, I arrived with my aunt and cousins at about 10:30, and that place was PACKED. It took us awhile to find a parking spot even. Once we made our way to the ticket area we had to endure the famous super looooooooonnnnnnggggg line. By the time we got to the actual ticket box I wanted to shut the guy retelling the same news 300 times up. My aunt had a discount pass so I could pay half off on my ticket.(Before continuing, the original amount of money I had was 100$) Again before we can actually go in to the theme park unfortunately another long line was awaiting us.

Now, we were officially inside of Sea World, and I haven't been here since I was close to 8 or 9. The first thing we did was go to one of the shows, I can't remember the name though. It was the most confusing thing I ever witnessed. The theatrics were okay, but the story line(if there even was one) was the most confusing thing ever. The basics of what I understand is that a girl wanted to swim, bad guys danced around for a bit, bad guys go away for no reason, good people control dolphins, grand finale with a bird and a dolphin king. If anyone gets this please let me know because I sure as heck don't. There was a dolphin themed gift shop near the show area and I went inside and got the most gorgeous necklace with a stone dolphin pendant. When I bought it I ask the cashier if she knew what the show was about and she said,"I work here every day and I still don't know." I laughed at that and was so glad that I wasn't the only person with that opinion.

Next, we made our way to a spinny ride. Me and my brother would always go on the spinny rides so I just had to go on this one. My little 6-year old cousin wanted to come too. For some reason when we were standing in line I made a bet, and let me tell you that you don't make bets with competitive 6-year olds. The bet was that I keep a straight face during all the rollercoasters that we ride. If I lose he can brag all he wants. If I win, I actually didn't think of that when I made the bet. So, we got on the ride and my little cousin tried everything in his power to try to make me change my expression. He came pretty close with his,"Change your face! Smile! Chaaaange, chaaaaange!" I was almost going to because I thought it was the funniest thing. Next up in our little Sea World adventure was another show. It was called "Pet's Rule" a it was a lot better than the first show, but it wasn't that entertaining.

It was a little hot outside so we decided we should get snowies. Okay, so the snowies that I am used to where I live is almost like snow and it soaks up all the syrup and you could easily eat it with a spoon. This was a totally different story. So, they gave it to me in a cone for one thing, I don't think I even had a snowie in a cone before, usually in cups and stuff like that. Next, was that it was rock hard and you couldn't even make a dent in it. The thing that was the worst was that a)bees were swarming the syrups, b)they only had four flavors to choose from, c) after getting the syrup my snowie was leaking and spilling making a sticky mess. Eventually I gave up on the snowie and threw it away.

By now me and my aunt were talking about how an interesting experiment to try would be to put a pedometer on and see how far you walk at a place like Sea World. I saw some art stuff going on and had to see what it was. It was a name art thing. You tell them your name and they paint it using plants and animals. The guy I had do mine asked me what animal to do for the big letter(you had a choice to have a small version which would contain a big letter and the rest of the letters in calligraphy or a large long one that was entirely interpreted in animals and plants) and I did not know what to say. I am the kind of person who likes to think things through and I choke when it comes to split second decisions. After long thought and apologizing to the dude for taking awhile to decide, I finally picked a sea horse for the big letter.(It turned out so beautiful, it had so many details even in the background)

We made our way to the Cirque De La Mar show next. It turned out just like the first show we saw(see above for reminder). I also found out that the guy that was supposedly "randomly" chosen in the audience was just part of the show. My aunt has been here so many times because of the pass she has and she told me a funny story. When they were here for the show she saw the guy who was to be the quote unquote "volunteer" in the show. And she said he looked like bored sort of. He wasn't smiling or laughing. Like he was thinking "Ugh another day at work". I guess I can't blame him because the role he plays never changes and he can't do the crazy stuff that the acrobats were doing.

Long walks and waiting in line later we were near the end of our day at Sea World. So, me and my two little cousins wanted to go on the Atlantis ride. The line wasn't very long, maybe average length. Let me say this now, because of waiting in that line I know now the nightmares of parenthood. My cousins were fighting, kicking, trying to tickle me, being rude. I even tried to hold them apart so they wouldn't cause an epidemic. To keep them sort of behaving I told them that I would leave the line if they kept acting like this and they would come with me. Once we were actually on the ride I put my poker face on. That did not last long at all. We started to go down the water slide part of the ride, I didn't scream at that part as more of a terrified grin-frown.(I really wish I could figure out how to put pictures here) What freaked me out was that in a dark tunnel there was an elevator thing that took the ride up, this is what I was saying as it rose,"Oh God. Crap, no. Holy crap, I am not ready for this." Then we hit a straight-away and started to go down. It surprised me how high my voice could go when I was screaming. By the way I started with a Benjamin at the beginning of Sea World and ended with George Washington.(whoops)

We left Sea World and went to In-N-Out for dinner. I didn't snack at all at Sea World(I didn't eat for 8 hours) and I was really hungry. I got a Double-Double cheeseburger and some fries.(I timed myself here) I inhaled that burger in about 1 minute and some seconds. It shocked my aunt how quickly I ate it. The fries took me longer because I didn't want to rush that. It took me 8 minutes for the fries, all together I ate a full on meal in about 9 minutes.(World Record anyone?) I am so tired now writing this blog. We were at Sea World for over 8 hours. My feet are killing me the most. So I am going to end this post of my San Diego vaycay here, and I will write to all you awesome people of the Internet tomorrow! :) See ya! -PurplePainter321

2 comments:

  1. I apologize for the occasional grammar errors. I was literally dead tired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow talk about a marathon day! I bet you were exhausted. I'm sure your Aunt was so grateful for your help:)

    When we go to California we usually do a theme park, and then spend the rest of our time at the beaches and we always agree that the days at the beach are WAY more fun...no lines, no waiting, and it's free! The boys all run up and down the beach and jump in the waves for hours. And more amazing than that, they all get along all day. No fighting!!! So a few weeks ago when we went to Cali, we just played at a different beach every day-NO THEME PARKS-and it was the funnest vacation EVER!

    And by the way... I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE sea horses!!!

    ReplyDelete