Thursday, July 25, 2013

Lessons and Speeches

Hey all you awesome people of the Internet! It is that time of day again. The daily blog of the day. I have a few things to talk about today.

First off is that I just barely found out that Monopoly is making another version of the game. It's not like Disney version or Spongebob version or whatever. This new version has no jail! That's not all folks because they also made a change to the point of the game. Instead of buying property and having to dread landing on someone's property that has a ton of hotels, it's focusing on buying and selling top brands of games and other stuff! This might be even stupider than the credit card Monopoly, or Monopoly Millionaire. The original game is good enough for me, on Yahoo it said that they were making this new version to attract the younger crowd. I hear they are even going to make speedier versions of Boggle and even Scrabble!

Okay other than that little rant on how I like the original version of that game better, let's talk about today. I am faced again with the challenge of pressure from my parent to finish the lessons and keep at the sport. I have to have a face-to-face talk with my parent soon. It's harder than it seems believe me. I can write out a good speech on what I feel, but talking isn't my strong suit. Maybe I will write a speech on my blog as a practice sort of thing. So if you don't care about my problems... SKIP AHEAD!
"Parent I need you to listen please. Just hear me out. I noticed you want me to finish the lessons that you have paid for already for this sport. I understand that you want me to keep trying. You keep telling me how you saw me have fun playing the sport. Yes, I did have fun playing the sport, but then I grew out of the fun and the excitement of a new sport. Like with the other sports I have played, they were fun, but it wasn't something that I wanted to continue. Though, those sports are different than this. If someone asked me to come and shoot hoops or play soccer I would love to... This sport on the other hand is not like that. If someone asked me to play it I would plainly say 'no'.  If they asked why I wouldn't be able to answer on the spot because I really stink explaining things right there right then. I have to think of my explanation and figure out what I was feeling. The point is I want you to understand how I am feeling. I don't feel comfortable playing this sport. I don't like this sport anymore. I am sorry. I respect that you like this sport, I will do extra chores around the house and try to pay you back for the lessons. If that frustrates you too much I will finish the lessons(even though I can't use much of what they teach me). If it freaks you out too much for me to close the door on this sport completely then I will be open to the option to play on rare occasion for "fun". I am sorry that this might be hard for you to hear. I just am speaking my mind and informing you about how I feel."


Anyways, I got to go to Color Me Mine and paint! Well, I am not much of a painting person. I am more of a sketch artist kind of person. I got a cylinder type thing. It's hard to explain, it will be like a pencil, colored pencil, paint brush holder thing. I painted a creeper face with WAY to much detail and at the bottom wrote "SSsssss...BOOM!!!" And at the back I did the Mindcrack symbol because I like that podcast. I also had to leave in like five minutes so I painted the symbol a little sloppily. It came out okay, but it could have been better if I had more time.

After that I went to In-N-Out Burger and ate a cheeseburger. The day was slow going from there on.

ADVICE FOR ALL!!!!! I learned a very important lesson early. NEVER CLICK LINKS THAT ARE LABELED TRAFFIC SOURCES. Ugh... things that cannot be unseen. If you have a blog never ever ever ever ever ever ever EVER click links that are labeled traffic sources. Now I'm worried, since I clicked those links out of accidental curiosity, that I'm on a watch list or whatever(I hope not). So that is the most important advice for any new bloggers like me.

Well, that is it for today guys! I will write to all you awesome people of the Internet lata! :) See ya! PurplePainter321

1 comment:

  1. Ems, I think you did a great job of expressing your feelings and I promise you that with practice you can even get good at saying these things face to face:) Just takes patience on both your part and your parents. Lucky for you, you have a parent that loves you completely and always wants whats best for you. Love you, H

    ReplyDelete