Thursday, July 11, 2013

San Diego Trip Day 1!

Hey all you awesome people of the Internet! I am finally in San Diego! And guess what? I had my very first plane flight today! It was so amazing and cool. The view was so beautiful and breathtaking. I will talk more about that later though. Let me tell what happened once we arrived at the airport. First, the search for a parking spot in that maze, I think I will forget where the car is parked anyways. Then I made my way to the station where the bus comes and picks you up to take you to the terminals. But, I was at station 1 and there were 12 stations in total. So practically every ten feet the bus was stopping to pick other people up. On the other hand the driver was so awesome. He was yelling at times,"Run Forrest run!", to people who were trying to make it to the bus before it left. Long story short at the end of the bus ride I had the Bee Gees "Night Fever" stuck in my head for an hour.

After that I had to go to security check. You know that place where you have to take all metal items and shoes off and put them in the bins. I picked a pretty good day to wear colorful socks :). Funny thing was that I had chapstick in my pocket so the security people had me open it to see if it was REAL chapstick. I thought that was really funny and so did the security people. So, after my run in with the authorities I made my way to the place where you have to wait to board the plane. I had a feeling we would be there for awhile so I pulled out my handy dandy Sudoku book until I could get on the plane.

Once I was on the plane, which I was super pumped about, I was happy to find that I got a window seat(score!) :). So in turn I got a terrific view. It is so hard to tell in words what I felt when we started to rise into the air. I felt like I could go on any ride at Lagoon that was in the sky,  like I could go high into the sky and put the world I lived in into perspective. And I did just that. I put my world into perspective. Seeing the lakes all polluted and gross and the ground bare and brown, I realized the lie we have been telling ourselves. Yes, our world has problems. A LOT of problems. But, I feel if everybody in the world tried to solve the issues in the world together and without argument or war, we can change the way we think. We can stop wars, pollution, anything! Unfortunately though, they way people think is not going to change for a long time, we let our egos get in the way I suppose(and profit and cost and money). Oh well, that last little part of this paragraph was just wishful thinking I suppose.

Next was the arrival at San Diego! Finally! The air is so much clearer and fresher here than were I live. I ate at this amazing Mexican place for dinner and it was so delicious! The food was amazing. I even had one of those moments where the food is so good and you want to eat more, but you are so full and can't eat another bite. Now, I am here in San Diego writing this blog. I will include some pictures with captions in the blog too(Actually the thing wasn't working so I will put pictures in later when I figure it out). I will write to all you awesome people of the internet tomorrow! -PurplePainter321

1 comment:

  1. Emma, I love your perspective as you looked down on the world from your little airplane window. You're right, if we all just change a little for the better then the world could change a lot!

    When I look out an airplane window, especially at night. I look at each tiny light and think if each light represents a house and each house represents a family (and there are more lights than I can possibly count). I realize that I am just one of the 7 billion people on the earth, just one seeming insignificant person, just one more person living one more life...but the miracle of it all is that God knows ME and loves ME. That is an amazing thing!

    P.S. remind me to tell you the story when I was detained by an airport authority and almost held overnight due to my chapstick in my pocket:P

    ReplyDelete