Saturday, August 3, 2013

The Ice-Cream Trucks(hopefully NOT coming to theaters near you)

Hi! :) Okay, so I haven't posted in a few days and that is because that nothing really happened during those days. I basically sat in my room and listened to comedy radio while knitting. Or watching TV and knitting(it seems I have been doing a lot of knitting lately). Also, watching a lot of re-runs of Doctor Who or Seinfeld. But, I wanted to post today because I basically wanted to. Nothing much going on at the moment in my life though.

A few choice things happened this week. I worked extra hard at cross country, and did a serious lifting workout(123 weighted lunges, 3 reps of 10 bench-presses, 81 more weighted lunges, 100 singles, 53 more weighted lunges, 23 pushups, 20 weighted lunges, 5 burpees with a pushup, and finish with 56 lunges). We also did a couple speed workouts.

I watched a couple movies too. I think I already mentioned the Princess Bride. Yesterday though I watched the movie "Contact". It's about a group of scientists in the early 90's that make alien contact. At first I was skeptical thinking, well this is going to be a cliche with aliens again. It seems Hollywood has this mindset of how any movie with aliens can't possibly go wrong. Well, they messed up the "Man of Steel" with the stupid ending. I mean he saves the world how can someone NOT recognize him just because he's wearing glasses! Anyways back on topic the movie "Contact" was super awesome!!! It had a strong story line, all about struggles and loss, but don't worry not from aliens trying to destroy the world, because again if it was all about aliens coming and starting this big "epic" war with humans it would be a tired cliche. All in all it was a great movie that I would recommend to all of you.

Today, I didn't do all that much. I went to J-Dawgs for lunch. But, the most funny thing happened. A dude backed his truck into the bumper of the van apparently. Well, all we saw was someone in a t-shirt putting something in the car. At first I was like, "He must be advertising something." Luckily we got to talk to the guy and he took full responsibility. In turn we got a serious fender bender. Actually it was the bumper(bumper bender?). Then I headed to the running store to get some new cross country shoes because the ones I had were nearly two years old. After that I went home and listened to the radio and knitted, then watched TV and knitted(doing a lot of knitting apparently). Finally at the end of the day I wanted to break in the new shoes. So, I decided to take a quick run around my neighborhood. There was an ice-cream truck right down the road. I didn't want to have the ice-cream man thinking I was running towards the truck so I just ran on without making eye contact. About mid-run my legs started hurting for some random reason. But, I kept running. Near the end of my run I heard the first ice-cream truck that I encountered earlier, then I heard a second ice-cream truck a couple blocks over. I almost shouted(well, I did in my mind), "We're surrounded!"

After that fun spy movie(spy movie? "The Ice-Cream Trucks". Now that would be a stupid movie) experience I headed home and now writing a blog post. So, that is the end of this post today. I will write to all you awesome people tomorrow(no promises)! :) See ya! -PurplePainter321

No comments:

Post a Comment